Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rainy days in Fiji

It's been a long time since I feel I have updated. Maybe I am taking this all for granted way to much and it makes me kinda sad that I haven't been on or writing in my journal to document everything about my travels as of lately. It's been rainy for about the past week in Fiji and I am ready for some sunshine. I finally feel as if after being here for three months I miss home.

Today we went to our Fijian's friend Seta's house. It was nice to be around family but, I couldn't help but think of my mom on mother's day. Today I was also suppossed to be in a wedding and it made me miss home a lot. I am missing 2 of my sisters being a bridesmaid and a flower girl in a wedding, Mother's Day and seeing my cousin married off. I think it's the rain.

I have been attending this thing on campus called "student life" which is a branch off campus crusade. I was invited 2 weeks ago and found it really comforting. This thursday I am giving my testimony which I am excited for. I am looking forward to coming home but at the same time it is all so bittersweet. I love it here but, am so far from home. I feel like I am missing my sisters grow up and it feels about that time to head home. I know I should be living in the moment and most days I do. The last two weekends we have stayed in Suva. The city where we study. This up coming weekend I will be taking a plane to the other main island of Fiji to a city called Labasa. My Indian friend here is taking me to her ceremony. I don't know what to expect other then it will be super different then anything I have experienced. Today we had a lovo which is a meal cooked in the Earth for those of you who don't know. I got to hold a 3 week old baby for a very long time and for those of you who know me know I am in love with babies so that was probably the highlight of my week. Just sitting there holding this tiny baby. Man I love kids. Good thing I am going for teaching.

I feel so disconnected from everyone back home. I don't want this message to be complaining but, at times I just feel like I have no idea whats going on with anyone. Friends and family. Obviously I know that I am in a different country. I don't know I guess everyone is busy back home. I love Fiji but for the first time in 3 months I have wanted to see my family and give everyone a hug. It's hard being the minority. It's hard also not being able to share some of the most amazing experiences with those I love. God has a plan for me and I must not forget he hasn't forgotten about me.

1 comment:

  1. Try your hardest to enjoy every day cause soon you'll be back in boring WISCO.. and be missing Fiji. Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete